Business owners and commercial users in Monterey County and surrounding areas are positioned to capitalize on multiple positive factors:
- Business-owned PV systems qualify for accelerated depreciation and a 30% federal income tax credit. (This includes systems on rental properties)
- Solar systems can be configured with backup capabilities, to prevent grid outages from interrupting operations.
- PV systems provide a visible symbol of a company's commitment to the environmental and economic health of their community and the world.
- Solar electrical output matches well with patterns of energy use in commercial buildings, promoting effective management of electricity demand, producing energy when electricity is most expensive during the middle of the day.
- PV applications are now being integrated directly into building roofs, envelopes, and surrounding spaces all over the Monterey Bay Area--and these technologies are evolving rapidly.
We have a form you can fill out and email to receive a FREE SOLAR ANALYSIS of your needs.
Replacement Value and BIPV
Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV)--those that are integrated into the building's structure--offer a range of dynamic opportunities for designing energy systems for buildings. And while it's clear that BIPV will be the trend of the future, the technologies are being used right now.
PV atrium systems, with their semi-transparent glazing, are not only beautiful, they are also perhaps the highest-value application for BIPV. These existing technologies can show payback periods of fewer than 10 years. PV power is now build into roofing shingles and tiles that are both functional and easy to install. PV awnings and carports capture the sun's energy while providing shade from its heat and are going up all over the Monterey County. PV greenhouse windows power Salinas Valley businesses while sheltering plants. All this adds up to one solid fact: Solar Energy and commercial buildings are a natural match.
The replacement value of fixed PV arrays--especially vertical ones--can be added to their energy/demand value. A PV system may do double duty as a window or curtain wall and an energy source.
Applied Solar Energy can help you reduce your energy costs and decrease your reliance on far-away energy producers. Call (831-333-1919) to find about the economic, environmental and productivity benefits of applying solar energy to your business today in the Monterey County, Santa Cruz county, and San Benito County - Including the cities of Santa Cruz, Monterey, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Salinas, Gilroy, Hollister, Big Sur, and Aromas